//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Many Milestones!

9 Months and 7 Teeth! That's got to be a record.

Although Cohen has been waiving his arms and putting his hands together, I wouldn't call it an actual clap, it was more like an "I'm going to beat you up" fist bump. Now he can waive hello and goodbye and actually clap his hands together. You can tell he is proud of himself and gets a kick out of the encouragement he gets from Ben and I. Cohen can even pick up a tennis ball and throw it to Daisy. Well, it’s sometimes more like dropping it, but Watch out Red Sox!

Cohen loves to have me read to him. His favorites are: "Thomas the Tank Engines Big Lift and Look Book", "5 Silly Monkeys", "Look and Listen" (but we call it Who Lives on the Farm) and "Tails". He makes me read all 4 of them at once. He also loves to dance. From listening to the ringtones on our phone to the CMT channel he moves every time he hears a beat. His two favorite songs on the internet are "Ants in Your Pants" and "Elephants" by Eric Herman.

This week he mastered crawling! For awhile he figured out how to scoot backwards and roll around until he would eventually end up in a sitting position. But now, Watch OUT! We bought a baby gate which he climbs up on and shakes as if we have him incarcerated. (Well, I guess we kindof do.)I'm sure he will be walking before we know it. He is much more interested in standing then sitting and goes really stiff if I try and sit him down. He's certainly gotten his share of head bonks from wanting to climb up on things or thinking he can stand on his own. He's already pushing my hands away, like, "I got this mom." He does have good balance and stood for a good 10 seconds without me holding him yesterday. It's a wonder how people actually baby proof a house because he is into everything- especially paper. In one second it is in his mouth and he'll be crawling around for hours with it on the roof of his mouth if I'm not careful.

We're still trying to get him to sleep through the night (shh, don't tell the busy bodies in my Ward) Five hours straight is not too bad. Between now and 12 months the doctor said I should transition him to table food which should fill him up more and not keep him waking up at all hours of the night. Food has been an adventure. He still love peas, but not out of the can, they have to be the baby food peas. He loves strawberry yogurt, chicken noodle soup, macaroni and cheese, and oatmeal with fruit. The only thing he's tried lately he doesn't like is cottage cheese.

Now that it’s getting a bit warmer Cohen has been happy to get out for our walks with Daisy. His favorite part is when we get to the water fountain. I thought that if he loved the small water fountain he would love the Large fountain in the front of the neighborhood...WRONG. He got really nervous and clingy. I think he is afraid of the bushes and grass. We stopped at the park today and went on the swings. It was the best squeal I've ever heard. He also laughs a ton when Ben and LaGrand chase Daisy around the house while holding him.

What a joy it is to experience all these new discoveries and firsts with Cohen!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Cohen is soooooo adorable. I just read your post on annoying parenting tips and I loved it. AMEN! I haven't had too many strangers offer unsolicited advice yet, but I agree on everyone one of those points. Hope to see you guys soon. :o)

- said...

what a cutie pie! no worries neither of my kids really slept through the night till about 11 12 months. have a good weekend -em