Our Ward had their annual Trunk or Treat on Friday and we were suppose to dress up as our ancestors, so we came as skeletons...get it, dead ancestors? Mom and Dad came dressed up in the antique clothing Aunt Vicki gave them for their trip to the Outer Banks, celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the Wright Brothers. There was a bonfire, hayrides and a bunch of outdoor games.The next night we went trick or treating with
Kim and John Patrey and their twin boys, Ethan and Austin. I think this is the third year in a row, so it's kind of become a tradition. The Alligoods came with their two boys and we ran into Shama and Bryce with their little girl, Ella, as well as Ashley and Bryce Barnes and their two kids, Brenna and Jace, so it was quite the crowd. With so many people in our neighborhood we all kept having to count and re-count the kids to make sure we didn't lose anyone. The weather was perfect. It sure beats those snowy Halloween nights in upstate New York growing up. I swear I was a bag lady every year, just so I could stay warm enough.
LaGrand finally graduated from the small Darth Vader bucket to a pillow case and he said it was his best haul he's brought in yet. We counted 216 pieces of candy and we were only out for a little over an hour. Cohen had just as much fun rummaging through the candy as we did :)




2 comments:
Megan,
Your family is so cute! I can't believe how fast babies grow. Cohan is adorable! I just started working from home and I get nothing done. It is a challenge and I have to say I sit and stare at my baby instead of working and I don't even care.
Miss you all!
Rachelle
I'd like to get the hang of blogging. What adorable photos of Cohen and great photos of Halloween. I love the 2 Ben's looking at their 216 pieces of Candy! Even Cohen got into the fun. See you all soon. You can give me a lesson on Blogs. MOM
Post a Comment