My first day back to work was July 26th and being called to the Relief Society Presidency I have stayed extremely busy. It has been harder than I thought to work from home and watch Cohen at the same time. He sticks to a pretty predictable napping and feeding schedule so I've been able plan work accordingly. Grandma and Grandpa Turner have been generous enough to watch him Wednesdays and Thursdays when I go into the office which makes me feel a lot better because I don't think I'm at a point where I would feel comfortable dropping him off at a public daycare yet.
Pumping at the office has been quite interesting to say the least. If you've ever breastfed you know those suckers can feel like there going to explode if you wait so if a meeting goes over I just walk out. It's a good excuse to get out of pointless meetings that is for sure. I just set my timer every three hours, post a picture of a cow on the outside of my office and shut the door. Not that the sign is necessary seeing as the suctioning noise could wake the dead. The worst is when the suction sometimes slips and makes an even bigger puckering sound. Now that is embarrassing, particularly because there is a male, high level manager in the adjacent office. There is no mistaking what is going on behind that door. When I emerge 10 minutes later with my pump in one hand and milk in the other most people try to avoid eye contact. Especially the male co-workers. It's as if I have the plague and everyone clears a path as I go to the kitchen, rinse the bottles and go about my business. Oh the things we do for our children. :)
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment