Ben reminds me every day we’re more than half way there which puts me into panic mode since I haven’t been able to think about buying and preparing anything. Hopefully after the holiday’s things will slow down and I can focus more. We are so excited.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Ben and I went to our first Ultra Sound together yesterday. The baby is as healthy and as perfect as can be. 11 oz. (too bad it's not more considering I've gained 18lbs) The first Ultra sound the baby looked like a sour patch kid floating in my tummy and now the baby is completely formed. We could see all the bones, spine and organs. Of course the technician had to actually explain half of what we were seeing because who can really make heads or tails of all the light and dark spots. We had the technician keep the gender a surprise so we could reveal it during our party last night. We invited our friends Ken and Kim Carlile, Kim and John Patrey, Vivian and Will Burgon, Rachael and Brian Nichols, Amanda and Danny Fellingham, Shama and Bryce Barnes and Grandma and Grandpa Turner. I decorated in neutral yellow and green colors and everyone wore pink or blue based on their predictions.

It was split 50/50 right down the middle. Ben and I wore pink, but of course had our doubts based on all my symptoms. Rachael made these chocolate cupcakes for everyone with colored cream cheese filling. We bit into them and it was….A BOY ! We called LaGrand and we asked if he thought it was a boy or a girl (which we had been preparing him for) so he said, “a girl”. When we told him he was going to have a brother, he yelled “YES”! The entire night I was literally in shock since I was in such “girl mode”. By morning instead of thinking about all the cute clothes I was thinking about what sports he’d be into and what he might look like.

Ben reminds me every day we’re more than half way there which puts me into panic mode since I haven’t been able to think about buying and preparing anything. Hopefully after the holiday’s things will slow down and I can focus more. We are so excited.
Ben reminds me every day we’re more than half way there which puts me into panic mode since I haven’t been able to think about buying and preparing anything. Hopefully after the holiday’s things will slow down and I can focus more. We are so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment